102: Cracking the Code on Insulin and Fat Loss
In this episode of Cheers to Your Success! Ashley talks about how blood sugar and insulin play a critical role in fat loss. When you eat carbohydrates, your body breaks them down into glucose, which enters your bloodstream and raises your blood sugar levels. In response, your pancreas releases insulin, a hormone that helps transport glucose from your bloodstream to your cells to be used for energy or stored as glycogen. However, if you consume too many carbohydrates or have insulin resistance, your body may struggle to process glucose effectively, leading to high blood sugar levels and elevated insulin levels. This can promote fat storage, particularly in the abdominal area. Tune into this episode to learn how to balance your blood sugar levels, and lose pounds & inches sustainably!
IN THIS EPISODE WE DISCUSS:
- Glucose and its impact on insulin
- How insulin impacts fat storage
- Are carbs bad for insulin resistance?
- What exercise is best for improving your insulin sensitivity
CONNECT WITH ASHLEY:
- Apply for the Metabolic Fix 1:1 coaching program HERE!
- Do you want to join a community of like minded women, focus on building muscle mass, burning body fat, and work towards becoming a healthier version of yourself? If you said, YES join my RISE program HERE!
- Follow Ashley On Instagram: @ashley_fillmore1
- Check Out Ashley's Coaching Programs: metabolic-fix.com
- Join Ashley's FREE Facebook Group: Connect Here!