92: Breaking the Cycle: Understanding and Overcoming Exercise Obsession
In this episode of Cheers to Your Success! Ashley talks about a topic that's often overlooked in the world of fitness and exercise - overtraining and exercise obsession. You might think that the more you exercise, the better off you'll be. But in reality, overdoing it can have some seriously negative consequences for your physical and mental health.
When you're overtraining, you're not giving your body the chance to recover and repair itself. This can lead to a host of problems like muscle fatigue, injury, and even immune system suppression.
Exercise obsession can also take over your life, leading to anxiety, guilt, and even depression if you're unable to stick to your strict exercise routine. It can also lead to a lack of balance in your life, as you may neglect important areas like work, relationships, and self-care.
But don't worry - there are ways to avoid overtraining and exercise obsession. It's important to listen to your body and give it the rest it needs, as well as finding a workout routine that's sustainable and enjoyable for you. Remember, exercise should be a way to improve your health and well-being, not a source of stress and obsession. So take care of yourself, and happy exercising!
IN THIS EPISODE WE DISCUSS:
- What is exercise obsession
- Signs you're overtraining
- What to do if you have taken a good thing to far
CONNECT WITH ASHLEY:
- Apply for the Metabolic Fix 1:1 coaching program HERE!
- Do you want to join a community of like minded women, focus on building muscle mass, burning body fat, and work towards becoming a healthier version of yourself? If you said, YES join my RISE program HERE!
- Follow Ashley On Instagram: @ashley_fillmore1
- Check Out Ashley's Coaching Programs: metabolic-fix.com
- Join Ashley's FREE Facebook Group: Connect Here!