5 things stalling your weight loss that are NOT nutrition related.Jul 29, 2021
You cannot step on the scale once per week and allow that ONE metric to determine if you're making progress!
There are so many variables that impact the number on the scale, so before you allow the scale to make or break your day, let’s explore what impacts the number that displays on your scale’s screen.
- Digestion: When you eat, how much you eat, and what you eat can impact the number that displays on the scale. If you’re not eliminating regularly, your weight will appear stuck.
- Hormones: Hormones like cortisol, thyroid, insulin, progesterone, and estrogen can impact your weight.Hormonal fluctuations can cause water retention and temporary inflammation, contributing to the number on the scale.
- Sleep: Not sleeping enough can cause your weight loss to stall, so be sure to shoot for at least 7-8 hours per night.
- Sodium intake: If you eat something high in sodium, it can cause a temporary increase in your weight due to water retention.
- Inflammation: If you complete a hard workout, you may notice the scale is up the next day due to the inflammation. Also, cortisol can promote more systemic inflammation, which can cause your scale not to move.
The scale is a good tool, but it's not the only metric you should be paying close attention to when you’re trying to lose weight.
I suggest you pay closer attention to the way your clothes are fitting, and other biofeedback metrics like your energy, sleep quality, cravings, and hunger throughout the day.
Curious what we here at Metabolic Fix consider, healthy weight loss?
In my opinion, healthy weight loss is weight loss that occurs in a sustainable way.
You shouldn’t feel hungry all the time, have intense cravings, low energy, poor sleep, or irregular cycles.
If you feel like your biofeedback is great, generally speaking, losing a ½ pound-1 pound per week is considered GREAT weight loss progress.
Don’t get too attached to the day-to-day fluctuations. Instead, start zooming out and focusing on how much you're losing overall.
Pro Tip: focus on your habits more than the number on the scale because your habits all add up and choosing the right ones will equal sustainable weight loss!
Want to learn more about how we can help you improve your health and fitness, lose those stubborn inches and pounds, and finally get the sustainable results you've always wanted? Check out our complete line of products and services and take a quick quiz to help select the best fit for you!
Join THOUSANDS of weekly readers!
Join our mailing list to get exclusive members-only content, amazing bonuses, and receive the latest news and updates from our team. Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.